Thursday, May 17, 2007

Family Visit (udpate #3)

I have not received a new update for the blog from Jeff, but I am expecting one very soon. I just want to give some quick answers to those that had some questions.

I sent a paperback book to Jeff that was not from a publisher, but from my house. He received it. That is significant because the federal prison system does not allow that. So, some of you have asked about sending my brother books. It is okay, but I would remind anyone who wants to send Jeff a book that is be paperback and that you write him first to ask about sending it because he has limited space in which to store his personal items. But, I'm sure that the books will be welcome when he has the space to receive them.

Also, I still have no idea if Jeff can listen to CD's. I'm working on that. I'm doubtful, but I will check.

Also, I am working on getting Jeff enrolled in some college courses on marketing from Ohio University. It looks like he will take between 5 and 7 classes, and I am just waiting for him to pick them. He should begin classes by the end of June (it takes 4 weeks for the school to deliver the materials). The total cost appears to be about $4200. This covers the books, shipping, and correspondence writing between Jeff and the professor. If you want to help, I will welcome the gifts. I hate asking for money, but in this case, I just can't cover the expense myself. If you want to help, shoot me an email at scott_wells@hotmail.com

Lastly, Jeff's family is supposed to go for a visit this weekend (probably Friday morning 5/18). This will be significant because it is the first time Jeff's 4 year old son (Connor) will have seen Jeff since he went to the camp over a month ago now. Jeff has repeatedly told me that the weekends are the hardest because there is so much time to kill. When Laura visited two weeks ago, Jeff said it was the easiest weekend by far. Plus, Jeff is excited to see his kids. So, I hope to give an update on this soon.

2 comments:

Mr. B. said...

Thanks for the update. Please let us know when you find out if he can listen to cds. Thanks, John Bonynge

JMac said...

Scott - Thanks for the updates. When I send Jeff a letter, can I enclose a stamp(s) for him? Does Jeff need blank paper? Can I add in extra blank sheets of paper to the letter I send him?