Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lexicon (#42)

I'm quite a bit behind on the blog updates. I apologize. I'm not sure who is reading these nowadays and people don't write Jeff and comment on them, so I have been busy writing Jeff letters instead of updating. But, I promised Jeff I would update his blog, so I will try to do that. This is a blog that Jeff wanted to put in that doesn't fit in any category. It's a bunch of terms that the prisoners use that he thought were amusing.


Superpathologicalexpialapurgerus (adj.) - a derogatory term to describe a Federal agent.

"The agent on my case testified that I had 10 times the amount of dope that I actually had. He's a superpathologicalexpialapergerus jerk."


Rec (v) - to exercise or play sports

"It's a nice day. Are you going to rec while the weather is nice."


Next Door (n) - the low security prison next to the camp.

"I spent three years next door."



The Bubble (n) - The main control room at the low security prison.

"Before we go out on our crew we have to check in at the bubble."




Visitor (n) - An inmate who has a really short sentence.

"You've only got three months. You're a visitor."




The Hole (n) - Segregated housing unit (synonym - "the Shu")

"You shouldn't take food out of the chow hall. You could go to the hole for that."




Roll Up (v) - When the guards come and pack up you property and roll up your mattress.

"The guards came and rolled up Dave. What did he do to end up in the hole."




Pill Call (n) - The process of getting your medication.

"I have to go to pill call at 5 to get my allergy medicine."



Truck (adj.) - Really bad at sports.

"Did you see him drop that fly ball? He's a truck."



Beast (adj.) - Really good at sports.

"Did you see that shot he made? He's a beast."



Short (adj.) - Having only a few months left on your sentence.

"I just hit my 3 month mark. I'm short."




Waterfront (n) - The living cubicles that are close to the bathroom (synonym - beachfront).

"After my time in the hole they put me on the waterfront."



Beverly Hills (n) - the living cubicles in the back of the dorm with windows.

"It took me 9 months of living on the waterfront, but I finally got to Beverly Hills."



Store (n) - Commissary, the place we can shop for ourselves.

"I bought some chicken at the store because I can't stand eating at the chow hall."

Retardadorium (n) - The prison camp.

"You meet some odd people at the retardadorium."


Keaster Bunny (n) - someone who smuggles stuff into the prison.

"Where did you get that stuff? What are you, the Keaster Bunny?"


Rack (n, v) - Cubicle or specifically your bed. Also, the act of going to your cube.

"It's count time. Rack it up!"


Skittles (n) - Pills

"I have to go to pill call to get my skittles."


Feed The Warden (v) - Using the restroom.

"Do you have any toilet paper? I have to feed the warden."


Car (n) - A group of guys who cook together.

"Is there going to be a taco car for movie night?"


Driving The Car (v) - The person who is actually cooking.

"Who's driving that taco car on movie night? I want to hitch a ride."


Shot (n) - A disciplinary action.

"I got a shot for gambling."


ITF (n) - Inmate Task Force or an inmate who thinks he's a guard.

"That guy sure talks to the guards a lot. I think he's on the ITF."


Resident Psycho (n) - The strangest person in your dorm.

"That guy might just be the new resident psycho."


Squirrel (v) - To hide contraband.

"I squirreled the weights in the sand by the horseshoe pit."


Day Pass (n) - A 16 hour furlough.

"I finally got my day pass after 18 months here.


Rabbit (v) - To leave the camp without a release (synonym - walk away)

"I heard a guy rabbited last night."




2 comments:

Californiamama said...

More folks may be checking in than you realize and just don't think to leave a comment...sorry 'bout that, he deserves to know he's not forgotten, that the time he takes to write his thoughts is not wasted.

I check in on a regular basis. Please tell Jeff "good job", I find his writing interesting and informative...

Mr. B. said...

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson.